1. How do I contact the Academy?
- Telephone: 01482 326421, our switchboard is open Monday to Thursday from 8.00am to 4.30pm and Friday from 8.00am to 4.00pm. You are able to leave a voice message outside of these hours and this will be dealt with the following working day.
- SchoolComms (text messaging service) app (if you haven’t signed up to this app please contact the academy)
- E-mail: email@example.com
2. How can I voice my opinion or give feedback to the Academy?
For any feedback you can contact us by using the form available on our Contact Us page.
In addition, you can access our Ofsted Parent View page by clicking on this link. Parent View gives you the chance to tell Ofsted what you think about your child’s school, from the quality of teaching to dealing with bullying and poor behaviour. The survey can be completed at any time; you don’t have to wait until the school is being inspected.
3. What do I do if my child is absent from school?
- Please telephone 01482 326 421 to report absence, before 8.40am on the first day of absence or
- SchoolComms message (if you have the app, click on your child’s name, click ‘attendance’ then click ‘Notify’ (top right), type when and why absent then press ‘send’ (top right).
Please contact the academy on each day of absence.
4. What do I do if my child has a medical appointment during the school day?
Wherever possible, appointments should be made outside of school hours, however where this is not possible please inform the academy in advance of the appointment. This can be via a note in your child’s planner, a letter, an e-mail or a telephone call. You will also need to provide a copy of the appointment card. You will then need to collect your child from Reception at the allocated time.
5. What do I do if my child needs to take medication during the school day?
Please complete an Administration of Medicine form that you can get from the school reception. Please bring the medicine in its packaging with the student name and the dosage on it. Medicines are kept in Student Services.
Longer term or more complex medical conditions will require a Health Care Plan to be completed. Please contact the academy to arrange a meeting.
6. What do I do if my child has an injury (eg a broken/ fractured limb) and will need additional assistance in school?
Please contact the academy and we will put any necessary support in place. For more complex needs a meeting can be arranged.
7. What do I do if my child needs time off during term time for exceptional circumstances?
Please complete a Leave of Absence During Term Time form (available from main reception) and send it with supporting evidence to the Principal. Please note that leave of absence for holidays will not be granted.
8. How do I pay for school dinners, visits, music lessons etc?
We operate a cashless system in the Academy so all items are purchased through Parentpay. On joining Hull trinity House Academy your child will have received an introductory letter to Parentpay with login and password details for you to set this up. If you don’t have this information or are having any difficulties in registering and setting up on Parentpay, please phone the office on 01482 326 421 and a member of the Finance Team will assist you.
9. Who is the Academy’s uniform supplier and where can I buy uniform?
Hull Trinity House Academy’s official uniform stockists are Len Beck’s and Rawcliffe with both of the stores being located in Hull. Please see our Uniform page for more details.
11. How can I book appointments for Parents Evening?
All our appointments are done online. Please use the link below and the guide at the bottom of the page to book Parents Evening appointments: https://hulltrinityhouse.parentseveningsystem.co.uk
12. How can I support my child with his school work?
Furthermore, the Academy uses Classcharts to record your child's homework. You should have received a pin code in order for you to access your account. If you encounter any problem with it do not hesitate to Contact Us.
For KS4 there are suggestions for revision materials and revision techniques on our subject pages. English has also many revision booklets available for literature texts.
13. What do you do to ensure my child feels safe at school?
You can also find out more by reading our Behaviour, Anti-Bullying, Safeguarding and E-Safety Policies on our Statutory Information page here.
14. My child has special needs. How will you cater for his needs?
You can download our SEN report and SEN policy on our Statutory Information page, where you can find all the information you need. For any other questions or requests please contact our SENCo, Mrs. Zoe Kirk.
15. What provision do you have for Careers, Information and Guidance?
You can find all the information about Careers provision at the Academy on our Careers page.
16. When are the staff training days and the key dates for the year?
You can find all our key dates (including term dates and staff training dates) and calendar on our Term Dates page.
17. What is the price of a canteen meal? How can I add money on my child's account?
You can find all the information about our canteen (including how to apply for Free School Meals) on our Meals page.
You can add money on your child's account using Parent Pay. In order to use it, you should have received details of your account. If you encounter any problem with Parent Pay please contact our Finance Office.
18. Where can I find extra help and guidance?
For any extra help and guidance you can check our links on the Parent Links page. Our guidance on social media use can also be found on our E-Safety page. If you require any other information do not hesitate to Contact Us.
19. What if I have a concern and need to see my child’s Learning Manager or the Principal?
Please phone the Academy to arrange a meeting with one of our Learning Managers or the Principal.